Roof Ridge Repairs
Over time, your roof will see capping damages and have to be re-bedded and or repointed as the cement becomes brittle.
This is because of exposure, and little can be done to prevent this natural process.
Roof Ridge Repairs Services
The roof repairs will differ according to your roof’s needs and the material that it is made from. Damaged tiles will have to be removed and replaced. Any damages, like water weeps from the corroding tiles, will also need to be repaired.
- The process of re-bed and pointing will depend on whether or not you have cement or terracotta tiles. A professional will determine which approach will be the most effective depending on the condition of the roof as well.
- The terracotta tile process is relatively straightforward, beginning with an anti-fungal. This kills the algae and fungi on the tiles. It also removes lichen and moss during this process.
- Pressure cleaning is the next step. This is to eliminate all the above sediments that may be left behind or just loosened. This is where the rebidding, repointing and glazing begins. Note however that the fully glazed terracotta tiles cannot be coated with a sealer glaze.
- Now, a partial re-bed may be needed, but in some instances a full re-bed may be required.
- This is where the condition of the roof comes in. Polymer Mortar is a flexible compound that works beautifully for roof repointing. When followed by a couple of points of glaze or sealer for waterproofing, providing your roof is a candidate, you have an enhanced and reinforced roof. Again, not all roofs will tolerate the sealant.
- Now, for cement tiles, these too will have to be pressure washed and cleaned. Things like grime, fungus, dirt and tiles that have deteriorated will be removed, and all the broken tiles will be replaced where needed. At this point a polymer mortar will be added to point the roofs ridge caps. Keep in mind that select roofs will need bedding mortar replaced before proceeding to coloring and finishing.
- After all repairs have been concluded the sealing and priming will take place. This will not only add beauty, but it also penetrates, allowing a sound base to be provided.
- There will be a coat of color with airless spray equipment, followed by several additional applications and a color seal for beautification and color preservation.
- If you are ready to begin your search for a roofing specialist, start with Visible Improvements.
- Call us now at 011 887 8555 and we’ll be happy to give you our professional opinion.