Roof Trusses Services
Timber outperforms all other methods of construction framing hands down. That’s why each year over 90% of South African new home builders uses timber as their starting point.
The key benefits from choosing Prefabricated Frames & Trusses include:
- Cost effective, safe and maintenance free termite resistant timber for your home.
- Easy to work with and handle.
- Outperforms other materials in a fire situation.
- Is extremely energy efficient.
- Non-corrosive to nails and fixing plates.
- Low carbon footprint.
- Suitable for Modern Methods of Construction, reducing waste and speeding construction time.
- Is a renewable resource.
- Safe for users, owners and the environment.
- If you balance up the alternatives, you’ll find pine is the most cost effective framing material. Also, because it’s so widely available it means great value for money.
- Time is on your side with a pine framed house.
- They are built faster because contractors are already familiar and comfortable with the simple requirements.
- They find it easy to handle, easy to nail, easy to adjust and easy to obtain.
- For the builder, tooling up is just as easy with plantation pine. No specialised cutting and fixing tools, no extra costs.
- Pine is such an integral part of the home, once it’s built you can easily add shelves to walls, put up pictures, add skirtings’; do almost anything you like. Extending is no problem; go up to the side, move a door, add a window, or just modernise – it’s all so simple when using pine.
- Timber construction methods also offer the flexibility needed to develop innovative designs for sensitive sites, for example, steep slopes and reactive soils, minimise cut and fill and eliminate wall cracking.
- Also, timber frames and trusses won’t rapidly expand and contract with temperature variations or make any unwelcome noises like steel does.
- Timber won’t ever become slippery because of condensation or rain, and will never become excessively hot due to the heat from the sun.
- Plantation pine is extremely solid and resilient; so much so that it bounces back from hard knocks. It can be easily replaced or repaired on-site should the need ever occur.